Skin Health Surveillance and management course
THE INTERACTIVE ONE-DAY COURSE THAT WILL ENABLE YOU TO CREATE AN EFFECTIVE SKIN HEALTH SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM
The Approved Code of Practice for COSHH examples of where health surveillance should be carried out include:
- where there have been previous cases of work-related ill health in the workforce/place;
- where there is reliance on PPE
- where there is evidence of ill health in jobs within the industry
The cost of the virtual course is £275 excl. VAT. The cost of the face-2-face course is £300 excl. VAT. To book please click here . Discounts are available for multiple bookings, for more information on this contact us
EnviroDerm Services is recognised internationally for our specialised knowledge and expertise in the prevention of damage to health due to workplace skin exposure. This course is your opportunity to benefit from this expertise so you can develop and maintain an effective skin health surveillance system as part of your management system.
- Understand requirements for regulatory compliance
- Learn how to be proactive with your skin health surveillance systemWorking knowledge of skin and occupational skin disease
- Basic knowledge of the elements of an effective skin management system including risk assessment & management
- Knowledge of methods for monitoring effects of skin exposure & their suitability for surveillance
- Understand the role of modern skin analysis techniques for pre-emptive action to reduce occupational skin disease
- Learn how to set up an effective skin health surveillance system matching your organisation's needs and resources
- Understand where compliance with Workplace Exposure Limits is not enough for skin exposure
- Understand how to use PPE effectively for control of skin exposure
- Understand the importance of personal hygiene for preventing ill health due to skin exposure
Who will benefit?
This interactive course is aimed at health and safety professionals and occupational health professionals responsible for reducing skin related ill health in the workplace, and those needing a wider knowledge base of managing skin exposure in the workplace. It is a course for individuals who want to ensure compliance with regulations and that action reduces not increases damage to health from skin exposure.
What will you learn about?
- Incidence, prevalence and significance of occupational skin problems
- What does the law require? How will regulatory changes affect our skin management system?
- Our skin, what is it, what does it have to do and how does it do it?
- Health effects due to skin exposure, including new scientific developments on both allergy and systemic damage, causes and consequences of ill health due to workplace skin exposure
- Overview of occupational skin management
- Monitoring effects of skin exposure and which techniques can be used for surveillance
- Skin health assessment - the many ways we can use it
- Questionnaires - the benefits, design and use of them effectively
- Visual assessment - incorporating it effectively into your skin health surveillance system
- Skin condition measurement - using knowledge from scientific research to be more proactive and effective with our skin health surveillance, education and training
- The role of education and training
- Investigating and managing problems - including effective use of PPE and the significance of good personal hygiene
- Developing and maintaining effective skin health surveillance and management systems
What others have said
"...Helen's presentation was easy to follow & very informative. I like the examples she gave regarding 'real life' problems to illustrate her subject..." Eunice Doherty, West Glasgow ACH Occ Health
"...One of the best presentations I have heard for sometime..." Sue Holmes, Bovis Lend Lease
Who is the course leader?
Dr Helen Taylor has spent most of her life surrounded by the principles of building and maintaining effective skin management systems. She obtained her PhD in 2008 having researched 'New techniques for occupational skin health surveillance'. She has spent over 15 years working with cutting edge skin analysis techniques for skin research. She is the current topic specialist on skin for the British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS). She was on the organising committee and was chair of the scientific committee for the Occupational and Environmental Exposure of Skin to Chemicals conference (OEESC) in Manchester, 2016. She is:
- a member of the Faculty of Occupational Hygiene
- a fellow of the Royal Society for Public Health
- a member of the European Society of Contact Dermatitis
- a member of the International Society of Biophysics and imaging of the Skin
- a member of the International Society for Stratum Corneum Research.
- an associate of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
Dates & Venues
This course is run on a selection of dates as a 1 day virtual, 2 half days virtual, and 1 day face-2-face course. The face-2-face course is run at our offices at Velthouse Farm and offers the opportunity to visit the friendly alpacas, goats and sheep in the breaks. The 1 -day course start with registration at 9am for a 9:30 am start finishing at 4:30-5 pm. The 2 half-day virtual courses start with registration at 9:30 am for a 10:00 am start finishing at 1:30 pm. For further information on Velthouse Farm click here .
Further information on the dates can be found on the booking page. This course can also be run as a single organisation course either virtual or in-house for participants within your organisation or local colleagues. For more information on in-house courses and to discuss dates, please contact us
Get in touch with Enviroderm
EnviroDerm Services is a Specialist Consultancy and Skin Measuring Equipment Business .
UK +44 (0)1386 831777
Ireland +353 1 568 6737