Visiopor® PP 34N
Courage & Khazaka
Visiopor® PP 34N
- Detection of early invisible lesions and visualization of advanced small acne lesions
- Non-invasive, easy to use and economic
- User friendly software for the evaluation of the number and size of fluorescent spots
- Distinguish between the red-orange spots (porphyrins) and yellow-green spots (other)
- The Visopor® is USB based and can be connected directly to a computer
- Colour thresholds can be set by the user
- Data can be exported into Excel® for statistical evaluation
- The Visiopor® can also be used with Corneofix® skin strippings
- Can be used on the scalp
Acne is a common disorder of the pilosebaceous follicles with the multifactorial pathogenesis. It typically begins in adolescence when androgen hormones stimulate the production of sebum and proliferation of follicular epidermis. The openings of hair follicules become clogged with oil secretion and corneocytes. In consequence initially invisible lesions (microcomedones) and then clinically evident comedones develop. Microcomedones and comedones are further colonized by P. acnes bacteria which promote inflamed acne lesions (papules and pustules) through the production of proinflammatory mediators, free fatty acids and porphyrins.
The presence of porphyrines can be demonstrated by orange-red fluorescence in the follicle openings by examining the skin under appropriate UV-A light. The intensitiy of follicular fluorescence and the extent of facial involvement are proportional to the population densitiy of P. acnes and porphyrin content at the skin surface. Clinical improvement after therapy is accompagnied by significant reduction of the porphyrin concentration and the number of P. acnes, respectively.
Fields of Application
- Efficacy testing of antibacterial products and drugs against P. acnes
- Determination of the comedogenic and comedolytic activity of topically applied products
- Applications in acne research
Dimensions: approx 118 X 56 X 48 mm. Weight: 250 g, Image size 6 X 8 mm; Power supply: BNC plug: optional external power supply or power supply via Monitor Center or Dual Imager supply: input 100-240 V AC, 50/60 Hz, 0.3 A, output 7.5 V DC, max. 1.5 A; Light source: UV-A diodes (375 nm,
Technical changes may be made without prior notice.
Get in touch with Enviroderm
EnviroDerm Services is a Specialist Consultancy and Skin Measuring Equipment Business .