Visioscan® VC 98
Courage & Khazaka
Visioscan® VC 98
- The special UV light gives a very sharp and non-glossy image
- Quick measurement time
- Small and easy to handle for all kinds of applications
- Pigmentation under the skin surface can be shown very well
- Analysis parameters developed specifically for skin (SELS)
- Stable connection by USB to the computer
- Results can be printed with images and exported to Microsoft Excel®
- Simple and quick calibration
- Multi image analysis
- Can be used with Visiometer® SV 600 for greater depth of topography information
The Visioscan® VC98 provides a unique description of the skin topography directly from the skin using a special UV-A light video camera with high resolution. It has been developed specifically to study the skin surface directly. The images show the structure of the skin and the level of dryness. With foils Corneofix® F20 and Sebufix® F 16 desquamation and sebum production can also be evaluated. With its multi functional software, the Visioscan® VC98 is a very unique flexible system to characterize skin surface condition easily, accurately and very economically. In addition to the roughness indices for up to 180 lines arranged vertically, horizontally or circularly the evaluation method SELS (Surface Evaluation of the Living Skin - developed by the Institute for Experimental Dermatology, Prof. Tronnier, University of Witten-Herdecke, Germany) can be used. It analyses the grey level distribution and allows the calculation of four clinical parameters to quantitatively and qualitatively describe the skin surface as an index. For additional information on the skin surface the sebufix® (sebum) and corneofix (desquamation).
The camera features a high resolution b/w video sensor and a ring shaped UV-A light source (proven to present no hazard to normal human skin) for uniform illumination of the skin. The camera can be connected directly to the USB port of your computer. The pictures are displayed in 256 grey levels. Wrinkles appear dark in the image; scaliness is shown in bright pixels. The software calculates a variety of interesting parameters on the images.
Fields of Application
- Product development, claim support and efficacy testing for cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and detergents
- Used for skin research and objective clinical diagnosis
- Occupational medicine and medical consultancy for determining quality of the skin surface structure
- Many other applications
Software and Parameters
The camera is connected to the computer by the digitalization unit Video Digitizer® VD300 via USB. A live image is always visible in the software. The image freezing button can capture an image with a simple press of the button. The multi image analysis function of the software allows you to select parameters for analysis on a number of images.
- Skin smoothness (Sesm) - the smaller Sesm the smoother the image
- Skin roughness (Ser) - the smaller Ser the rougher the skin
- Scaliness (Sesc) - the smaller Sesc, the less desquamation on the stratum corneum, the less the scaliness of the skin
- Wrinkles (Sew) - the more wrinkles the higher this value
- R1: depth, distance between highest peak and lowest valley
- R2: biggest roughness
- R3: average roughness
- R4: smoothness
- R5: average roughness
- With or without sebufix
- Desquamation index
- Area covered by corneofix
- Size of sebum spots
- Number of sebum spots
- Surface area
Visioscan®- Camera: Dimensions: 12.5 x 5.5 x 4.5 cm, Weight: approx. 250 g, Cable length: approx. 1.5 m, Sensor resolution: 1/2" B/W CMOS-sensor 1.3 MP (1280 x 1024 pixels), Image size: approx. 12 mm x 9.5 mm, Objective: 20 mm, Aperture: 1:7.2, Depth of focus: (calculated) approx. +/-0.2 mm, Illumination: UVA Cold light tube (380-395 nm, peak at 387 nm), approx. 3 W, Illumination-/standby-timer with motion sensor and capture button, Connection box: Dimensions: 14 x 5.5 x 15 cm, Weight: approx. 1 kg, Power supply: 110-250 V, 47-63 Hz, DC 12V/9A, Port: USB 2.0 Computer: Windows® XP, Vista or 7/8, performance must meet system requirements.
Technical changes may be made without prior notice.
Get in touch with Enviroderm
EnviroDerm Services was established in 1991 as a specialist consultancy.