Mexameter® MX 18
Courage & Khazaka
Mexameter® MX 18
- Reproducible and accurate measurement of melanin and erythema
- Very quick measurement time
- Spring provides constant pressure that does not influence the skin
- Low weight provides easy handling
- Does not require frequent, complicated and time consuming recalibration
- Calibration data stored in the probe
- Check calibration to ensure accuracy of measurements
Each of us is unique with a unique skin colour. The colour of our skin is made up of many different components including melanin (protective tanning pigment) and redness (erythema) and will vary depending on time of year and environmental influences. The human eye is very sensitive in assessing colour but if those colours are separated by space or time it is much less effective. This is where objective measurement of colour can be so valuable.
The Mexameter provides a quick, easy and accurate method to measure melanin and erythema in the skin.
The Mexameter is a spectrometer measurement technique, based on light reflection and absorption. The probe emits three wavelengths of light, chosen to correspond to the different absorption rates of melanin and haemoglobin. This light emitted by the probe is reflected by the skin and the receiver in the probe measures this reflected light. It is only the diffuse and scattered light that is measured. The results are shown in 1 second as index numbers between 0 and 999. The probe allows the measurement to be made quickly (1 second). The probe head is spring loaded so that a constant pressure is provided
Fields of Application
- Ideally suited for product development, claim support and efficacy testing
- Can be used for objective clinical assessment, allergy and patch testing
- Can be used for monitoring therapies
- Measurement of melanoma and scar tissue
- Suitable for medical surveys
- Assessing melanin and erythema in a range of research applications
Multiprobe Adapter System
The Mexameter® MX 18 probe can be plugged in to all of the computer driven MPA devices (MPA 2, MPA 6, MPA 10 & Cutometer® dual MPA 580)
Multi Display Device MDD 4
The Mexameter® MX 18 is available as a stand alone device through the MDD 4. Supplied with a room condition sensor it is possible to add a further two measurements. In addition to the colour screen for displaying results the MDD 4 can be connected to a computer and measurements recorded using the MPA software.
Measurements are transmitted via radio to a small receiver unit RR 200 which is connected to the computer at the USB port. The values can be transmitted from a distance of 5-10 m. The values are collected using special MPA Wireless software. The probes are battery operated.
Dimensions: 2.4 x 13 cm, Measuring surface: 5 mm ˜ 19.6 mm2, Probe cable 1.3 m, Weight: 85 g,
Wavelengths: 3 colour measuring system; green ?=568 nm, red ?=660 nm, infrared ?=870 nm,
Technical changes may be made without prior notice
Get in touch with Enviroderm
EnviroDerm Services was established in 1991 as a specialist consultancy.